Tuesday 5 January 2016

Day 1: Good Trip to Good Hope

Travel days can be unpredictable, but today wasn't nearly as tedious or tiring as I had expected it to be. Gathering everyone to go through airport security went fine. The plane was extremely comfortable, as it was half-empty and we had no assigned seats (who doesn't love a bit of extra room?). This is my second time going to Jamaica, and it was definitely serendipity--not the members' travel experience--that made this day a breeze. Everything just went well.

We arrived at the Good Hope Treehouse, our home for the next ten days, around 4:00 in the afternoon, giving us plenty of time to stretch our legs and look around the place. Leading up to dinner at 6:30, a combination of swimming and exploring the grounds filled our schedule. As we were getting comfortable and looking around the place, I started to notice small improvements that had been made since my last time here in January of 2014--rearranged furniture, new appliances, etc.  A lot of things have changed, but what I enjoy the most about seeing this place again is how things stayed the same.  I remembered the route to Good Hope.  I remembered the lush, scenic forest leading up to it.  It is this nostalgia factor that makes this place just as magical to me, a returning member, as it is to people seeing it for the first time.  Everyone still has something to appreciate, and I'm excited to see that carry through the trip, as we will likely reunite with some familiar faces in the days to come.

2 comments:

  1. "A lot of things have changed, but what I enjoy the most about seeing this place again is how things stayed the same."

    I love that... living your balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give the little details, so as to invite the reader to be where you are. Your father & I knew this was you when we began reading. Embrace these memorable moments yet once again and keep the blogs coming.

    ReplyDelete